It's that time of year again when your electricity bills start to creep up! While Albany is fortunate to have a cooler climate than the rest of Western Australia, we are still fond of air conditioners and other power hungry appliances.
There are quite a few things we can all be doing to reduce our power bills, and below are some simple tips and tricks to keep the costs down this summer.
- Whether you have evaporative, split, or a ducted refrigerative air conditioner, keep the filters nice and clean so they a/c doesn't have to work so hard.
- If you haven't already done so, change out any incandescent bulbs with power saving alternatives such as LED lighting.
- Where practicable, use power hungry appliances in off peak times (9pm - 7am).
- If you're going away on holidays, turn off the electric hot water storage unit.
- Turn off appliances at the powerpoint, as standby mode continues to use electricity.
- Solar, solar, solar
How else can I keep power costs down?
Maybe it's time you considered having an electrician auditing your home to see exactly where your power consumption is being used. It's surprising to see just how many issues can be quickly resolved by learning which of your lights and electrical appliances cost to run.
DJL Electrical are able to help you audit your home to help keep your power bills down. We can identify power hungry appliances (and lighting), and suggest alternatives that are better for your wallet and the environment.
Reach out to DJL Electrical and one of our professional electricians will be able to assist you with your requirements.